This week we celebrated Roo turning two. After Roos party last year I felt the pressure to meet the same party standard (see pics here
). Finding the time to decorate for a party is much harder with two kids. I spent a large amount of time scrolling Pinterest for ideas and inspiration while feeding baby Marci and not a lot of time actually doing anything. In the end I settled on the theme of honey bee.
My decorations were all DIY projects and I’m most proud of the cardboard honeycomb that I hung behind the high chair. After this weeks event I have decided that Spotlight
ought to sponsor me for my next party. All the details are below!
- Cake: French vanilla filled with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream covered with ganache and fondant - all completely edible including sugar flowers and bee fairy! - Made by Pretty Special Cakes
- Cupcakes: French vanilla decorated with mini hives. Made by Pretty Special Cakes
- Cookies: 3 designs (daisy, honeycomb number 2) all vanilla flavoured hand piped with royal icing. Made by Pretty Special Cakes
- Fold up table: Borrowed from Finding Femme
- Tablecloth: Hessian purchased by the meter from Bunnings. Base cloth (hidden) was made by my aunt using old curtain fabric.
- Table runner: Faux moss from Spotlight. Petals pulled from the flowers and ivy cut from my own garden.
- Flowers: available from my local flower market. Vases are made using my own tupperwear containers just wrapped in hessian ribbon (from Spotlight) and then tied with twine also from Spotlight).
- Tree stumps: Firewood I borrowed from the in-laws, which the Captain and I spent an evening de-barking!!
- Hanging two sign: made from a hessian table runner (Spotlight) and white wooden letters (Typo). Tied to the fence using Twine (Spotlight)
- Chair: Purchased and painted for Roo’s first birthday (details on the chair here)
- Party Crown: cut from hessian card and stapled with a hand drawn bee on yellow card (all from Spotlight)
- Bunting: Cut from hessian sheets (Spotlight) and yellow card (Spotlight) and using a whole punch strung on twine (also Spotlight). Ivy from my garden and flowers were from my local flower market were just twisted and sticky taped onto the chair
- Honeycomb: Cut from cardboard and joined using stickytape. I used a hot glue gun to reinforce the frame with more cardboard (discarded nappy boxes) after my first attempt to hang it up failed. I then painted it with spray paint (Bunnings) and tied it up with twine (Spotlight)
- Bees: Made by my aunt using coloured cardboard
Special thanks to Cax One
for bossing me around and making me get my butt into gear as well as taking some pictures and to Finding Femme
for turning up and taking photos even though she was sick. XX